130 replies to this topic

#121 wildteen88

wildteen88

Advanced Member

• Staff Alumni
  • 10,482 posts
  • LocationUK, Bournemouth

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:56 AM

OS tutorials on how setting  up a linux server or something should be nice!

Although not posted in the tutorial section. There are a couple of blog entries for installing/setting up the AMP stack on Ubuntu and CentOS (Part 1 and Part 2)

#122 titan21

titan21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:35 PM

I realise the last post here was May so apologies for resurrecting but I noticed there are only 29 tutorials on PHPFreaks and I couldn't see how you could write for this site. Can someone advise? Is this feature no longer available?

#123 .josh

.josh

.josh

• Staff Alumni
  • 14,815 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:38 AM

You can work yourself up to at least Guru membergroup status and be able to post tutorials yourself.  Or you can submit to can submit the tutorial to us for review.

Did I help you? Feeling generous? Donate to me! || Donate to phpfreaks!
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#124 KevinM1

KevinM1

Snarkimus Prime

• Moderators
  • 5,196 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:32 AM

You can work yourself up to at least Guru membergroup status and be able to post tutorials yourself.

And, just to clarify how that happens:

Gurus are selected on merit.  For us, it means being active and helpful.  Posting merely to increase post count is frowned on.

So, if you (or anyone) wants to be a Guru, simply do your best to help others.  If you're consistent, we'll notice.

#125 titan21

titan21

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:42 AM

I'll keep posting then - am helping a few out (others are beyond help!)

#126 Andy-H

Andy-H

Web developer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,007 posts
  • LocationManchester - UK

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

I think a "How PHP works, a walk-through the core" would be a nice tutorial, showing how the PHP parser works and how the code is interpreted into C and ran in the background?

Are you a PHP Developer looking for work in Stockport? See http://forums.phpfre...oper-stockport/

#127 ShoeLace1291

ShoeLace1291

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:28 AM

Here are several requests of mine... I think more people would find these tutorials to be useful.

1: Pretty URL's with URL Routing (Object Oriented)
2: Tag Clouds and Querying Similar Posts (Comma-Separated Values)
3: How to Write a Lightweight MVC

I know there are a lot of these tutorials on the net, but the ones I've found either aren't formatted well, or are very hard to follow.  I really prefer PHPFreaks tutorials over most other websites' tutorials.  Just a few suggestions!
Posted Image

#128 seoitc

seoitc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:24 AM

Thank you very much !

#129 Big_Pat

Big_Pat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

I'd really like to understand OOP in PHP, frankly. I've followed tutorial websites but I'm just not getting it, perhaps because I've never had to write a 'big' project.

#130 .josh

.josh

.josh

• Staff Alumni
  • 14,815 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

Are you requesting an OOP Tutorial? We do have a multi-part "OO PHP" Tutorial, as well as a multi-part "Design Patterns" tutorial. If you have read those and still don't understand OOP, perhaps you can be more specific about what you don't understand? Feel free to post asking questions (but not in this forum; go to the Application Design forum)

Did I help you? Feeling generous? Donate to me! || Donate to phpfreaks!
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#131 Eiseth

Eiseth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

Do you have any good file structure tutorials

I suck at organizing my files :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Cheap Linux VPS from $5