localhost not working, WAMPserver

when you say just localhost works

I'm assuming you mean it's loading your index.php page correct?

if so, then the only solution I can think of so far is that you are mispelling your "file name".

The other problem could be with your Apache configuration.  But to get on that subject you have to answer this...did you mess with your http.conf file at all? and I'm just asking a straight up yes or no.

• 2 weeks later...

yes the same ass prob for me

i used wamp to install php and mysql and apache

and when i type http://127.0.0.1/index.php it opens up the wamp index page with no problem

but when i save my program as register.php under the same htdocs directory and i typed http://127.0.0.1/regsiter.php it shows not found error what can i do pls help me friends ..

I do. And I've already solved the problem by editing c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file.

There was a line

::1 localhost

Which shouldn't be there apparently. Don't know how it got there, but removing it restores localost functionality.

I do. And I've already solved the problem by editing c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file.

There was a line

::1 localhost

Which shouldn't be there apparently. Don't know how it got there, but removing it restores localost functionality.

Make sure you also have this line in your hosts file.

127.0.0.1	localhost

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

i have read what problem u all have faced. and i also have faced the problem many time but after that i have to reinstall the operating system. but few days ago i found what the crap was that. my wamp server always stop working whenever i installs Internet Download Manager. and last time when i  uninstall IDM wamp server start working again

so check those programs which are interacting with your browser.

thnx.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

hi guyz i am having the same problem. i am a newbie in php, and downloaded the wamp server. i created a small "hello world" file and than tried to start the localhost, but my browser gives error like "oops the link is broken." now i dont know what does that mean.

• 6 months later...

I just installed Wamp Server 2.2a.  Localhost will not work in the browser address field to get me to the wampserver index page.  127.0.0.1 works fine.  I checked the host file and it's contains "127.0.0.1  localhost" (w/o the quotes).  Any ideas why localhost will not work.  Installed on a Vista OS.

• 1 year later...