post code finder script?

mandukar

Hey I am trying to make a site where a user puts there post code into a form and then the database looks for there post code and then displays it, if theres more then one address with the post code it allows you to select the right one. however I can't find a uk post code database, I was wondering does anyone know where I can find one for that we can use for free?

Please note that the database needs to have the address, and not a latitude and longitude version.

Do u know where I can by a recent up to date one then cheap?
If anybody has purchased a copy from the Post Office, it's illegal for them to pass or sell it on, so copies are not legally available either cheap or free.

Your choices are either to buy a copy from the Post Office, which does have the benefit of giving you regular updates; use a third-party API or postcode service based on the Post Office list; or use the illegal pirate copy.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.