Why does my simple CSS not work in Chrome and Firefox, but works in IE?

vijdev

html:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<title>Manager</title>
<link href="../css/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
</head>
<body>

<div id="div_add" title="Add!" class="errors">

<form action="load.php" id="form_add" name="form_add" method="post" title="Add to DB">
            <input type="text" id="in" maxlength="200" size="70" title="In" name="base" />
            <input type="submit" name="b_info" value="Check-In!" id="b_info" />
        </form>
</div>
</body>
</html>

css:

.errors{
border-style: dashed;
}

Hello,

raknjak is right, without access to css it would be tough to figure out completely. I did run into something like this recently, though, and hopefully this could help you too. In Firefox (I think Chrome too) when you're trying to add the .errors class to you would actually have to put in the html element in the css. For example, div.errors or p.errors. Likely, you probably want your class to be more versatile than that, but hopefully that can push you in the right direction for what you're trying to accomplish.

-Frank

Without having any access to your CSS my only guess is that some style is being applied and you can only override it by using an inline style.

I have pasted the CSS in my first post above.

Here's a status update - I have uninstalled all extensions, reinstalled both browsers, turned off mcafee firewall..

Still the same problem!!!!It is only with linked CSS, and only with chrom and firefox, not with IE linked CSS..

@WTFranklin - i understand what you mean but am quite unwilling to let go of the versatility, and not convinced why!!!!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.