I've been out of touch with the PHP stuff for nearly 18 months now but as i've started my final year at university i wanted to do a worthwhile project that could showcase my skills and i'm looking for your thoughts (as professionals) on the viability of my initial ideas.
I want to create a Job board (for Graduate jobs) using PHP, MYSQL, JQuery etc. essentially whatever I can to get the job done but would like to hear suggestions about the following:
- Using sessions to have separate logins and back ends for Candidates & Recruiters
- Automatic emails at set intervals for both candidates and recruiters - Cron Jobs?
- Need ideas on database tables (I saw a post further down which i'll take a look at)
- Click tracking etc. Is there a way i can create something to handle this? And how accurate would it be?
- I would need some sort of reporting, should i use open source software or create something myself
- Creating a Search function - Is this easy? Or should i just use the google one
- Would this kind of site be ok hosted? Or would it suffer problems with query speed etc?
Sorry for all of the questions, i have a lot more but don't want to overload the page.
I'm not asking for people to link to me everything i'm sure google would be able to help me out there but i just want to know if there are specific things i should look into etc or if this type of project is too much for me to handle.
I look forward to hearing your feedback.
Also if there is a more appropriate forum (I didn't see one), Could a mod move the thread?