URL Shortener - lnked.me

Philip

Hey guys -

awjudd and I finished up round one of our URL shortener and are looking for feedback / testers. Right now it is pretty basic, but that's pretty much the goal for the site: minimalistic.

The site: lnked.me

Current features:

• Shortens URLs! :P

Upcoming features:

• User accounts (view your previous shortened URLs)
  • API for widgets / browser extensions
  • Analytics on your URLs (how many people viewed, where are they from, etc.)

Seems to work, I'm not sure exactly what needs testing ;)

Looks good! If only I ever had a reason to mask a destination URL that wasn't related to sending co-workers to bestiality sites.

Yeah, we had discussed something like that, and tbh it is still on the table. The only reason we haven't implemented it yet is because 99% of the copy to clipboard scripts use flash in order to copy it. :(

that's pretty much the goal for the site: minimalistic.

Great! About time there was one with out all the crud that no-one uses.

Upcoming features:

• User accounts (view your previous shortened URLs)
  • API for widgets / browser extensions
  • Analytics on your URLs (how many people viewed, where are they from, etc.)

:facepalm:

Simplicity is king. It looks nice and works without issue. Nicely done.

My only suggestions would be an optional preview option for users and perhaps custom aliases. These are a couple major reasons why I prefer tinyurl.com over most of the competition.

/2cents

• 1 month later...

I've noticed this topic is pretty old but the website is still up so I guess it's an ongoing project.

I would recommend so once a link is stored/shortened it should not be then get ANOTHER short url but instead have only the first one. I'm not sure how you've done this but if you're just using a database it really won't be very hard.

Best of luck.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.