How To Access And Use Base64 Please?

lovephp

Use it in what sense, you will need to describe how you want to use it and what you are using it for. If you just want to decode it:

$decoded = base64_decode($string);

Where $string is the aWY....

I think he's trying to execute the Base64 code, that's what I got out of it, but of course he wasn't being clear, but the deciphered Base64 he posed was just the code he posted. So... :unsure:

What the heck are you talking about? What did you convert into base64 and why did you do that?

this code is what i converted into base64

this

if($act==frm){
$act = $_GET['act'];
echo 'test';
}else{
}

the output is this

aWYoJGFjdD09ZnJtKXsNCiRhY3QgPSAkX0dFVFsnYWN0J107DQplY2hvICd0ZXN0JzsNCn1lbHNlew0KfQ==

my question is how can i apply to my php script and also execute the sct=frm and get the

echo 'test';

Is this supposed to be security through obfuscation or something? Because turning PHP into base64 and then executing it isn't really gaining you anything.

i am trying to include something from my server to another and keep doing changes time to time and do not want others to be able to change anything in the script act=frm

I do not recommend this, especially without validating the data in the base64 first.

$act = 'frm';
eval(base64_decode($string));

Should do it.

must i add like this??

$act = 'frm';
$string = ."aWYoJGFjdD09ZnJtKXsNCiRhY3QgPSAkX0dFVFsnYWN0J107DQplY2hvICd0ZXN0JzsNCn1lbHNlew0KfQ==";
eval(base64_decode($string));

It would take me an extra 3 minutes to get around this security restriction of yours.

Plus, I would never allow anyone to send me obfuscated code and expect me to run it.

If this is a real problem, a sternly worded email would be more effective than this.

It would take me an extra 3 minutes to get around this security restriction of yours.

Plus, I would never allow anyone to send me obfuscated code and expect me to run it.

If this is a real problem, a sternly worded email would be more effective than this.

Pretty much. Encoding code as base64 does nothing to secure it. Base64, in particular, is such a common method that it's easily recognizable and easily thwarted.

Edited by KevinM1

agree but this is the only way to get my work done else noway :)

What is the actual problem? Spell it out with capital letters and punctuation so we can understand it. Then we can give you a real solution.

Once again, we need you to understand this: What you're doing accomplishes nothing as far as we understand your problem.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.