ozrhod

Hi PHPfreakers,

I have an intranet that users upload files to.

When they upload a file it renamed the file to a GUID string and then stores this in a mySQL db (the db also allows for permissions and file sharing - via the intranet webpage).

Now, however, I want to make it so I can get to my files (or ones I have permission to) from My Computer (or the UNIX/Mac/Linux equivalent).

I'm learning about webDAV at the moment and thought of this as a potential solution, however I am running into a problem becaause all the files are in one directory, not one firectory per user.

Any ideas what I can do? How I can make this work better?

Oh, FYI - http://code.google.com/p/sabredav/ this is the library I have been looking at using because of its support for mySQL permissions and PHP library.

Hope someone can help :)

As far as I can tell (and please correct me if I am wrong) this will not let me filter files based on a mysql db - i.e., wont be able to achive listing just the files for the specific user and not list ALL the files in the directory.

To explain better, this is the setup:

root/files -- in this directory ALL user upload files are stored, not in subfolders, they all go straight into this directory with a new name (GUID string).

tbl_files -- stores copy of the userid and guid to allow access and listing on intranet webpage (mydomain.com/intranet/files).

At the moment lib_files.php restricts access to the files in root/files -- how can I do this with webDAV? When all files come from one folder (no subs) and permissions are in mySQL db?

Edited by ozrhod

Well, do they login to the webdav?

A simple yes or no.

If they do, then it's quite easy to send back only the files they have access to.

SELECT files.*
FROM users_files
JOIN users ON users_files.user_id = users.user_id
JOIN files ON users_files.file_id = files.file_id
WHERE users.user_id = ?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.