#1 jordan21

jordan21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

Hi everybody

I'm working on a uni assignment at the moment and I'm struggling a bit with the math on a particular question:

Assuming that you have an internet connection that is capable of downloading 4135 kilobytes per second, how long would it take to download a 124 kilobyte file.

Math has never really been my strong point, so I'm really struggling to get my head round this. I'm not looking for anybody to answer the question for me, but if somebody could point me in the right direction as to what I need to do to work this out then I would really appreciate it. Thanks! :)

#2 requinix

requinix

Transforming Moderator

• Moderators
  • 6,150 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

...Uh, that's simple division. Really simple division. Is there a catch, like the 4135kbps includes packet overhead and you have to take it into account?

#3 jordan21

jordan21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

I think my brain died on me for a minute, I've obviously spent to long working on this assignment without a break! No catches, no overhead from additional packets, just simple old division 124 divided by 4135. Came to me about 15 mins after I started this thread :facepalm: . Nevermind :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Cheap Linux VPS from $5
SSD Storage, 30 day Guarantee
1 TB of BW, 100% Network Uptime

AlphaBit.com