Update Code Now Has 'form_Id' Error

justlukeyou

Hi,

Huge thanks for you help with this mrMarcus. I just change the text area to input and it worked fine.

Many thanks.

<input class="element_2"

Shoot, my bad. Didn't even realize I posted a <textarea> in my example.

For <textarea>, it works a little different. So, you can keep your textarea, just use the following code:

<textarea class="element_2" name="aboutcompany" class="element textarea medium"><?php echo (!empty($row['aboutcompany'])) ? $row['aboutcompany'] : ''; ?><textarea>

Hi,

Whats the difference betweent the two?

This code has helped massively. Ive also sorted out my header. I was previously echoing the first name the user submitted. So if someone did change their name the site would continiously show there old name.

Is it possible to do this with drop down menus. I have 2 drop down menus that I need to change to this method.

Hi,

Whats the difference betweent the two?

This code has helped massively. Ive also sorted out my header. I was previously echoing the first name the user submitted. So if someone did change their name the site would continiously show there old name.

Is it possible to do this with drop down menus. I have 2 drop down menus that I need to change to this method.

Are you asking the difference between a <textarea> box and an <input> field? If so, see here.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.