Greetings!

Amplivyn

Greetings! Fellow phpfreaks, as this is my first time here, I'll start off with a small introduction. I'm 19 and studying computer engineering, starting second year in February. While I am not doing engineering, as you may have guessed, I have taken web development as a hobby and only recently started learning PHP. I'm at an intermediate level with Python, Matlab and I already have some experience with HTML and CSS, as well as a little bit of Javascript. PHP seems incredible when compared to HTML and phpfreaks.com seems like a great way to meet others with a passion for programming. I'm looking forward to gain and give as much as possible while around here, would be really keen for projects and such where we can share the excitement of building something together.

Cheers,

Amp

• 2 weeks later...

Only time can tell, but indeed web development is pretty cool. What I am more interested in though, is large scale software production or similar and it may in fact be web related. In my vision, I start out alone and as time passes, I try to exponentiate the size of whatever project I am working on. I'm currently aiming to start something as soon as possible but I need some form of education (which I am working on) first. That being said, I'm only aiming for a degree as a backup plan but it is going very well so far.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.