Regex Croatian letters

Deks

Hello,

i have small problem with replacing croatian letters. I am using jQuery, and

am trying to replace croatian letters č,ć,š,đ,ž but dunno how to put this in regex.

For now i have regex for all chars:

$('#text').replace(/\b[a-z]/g, 'somechars' );

Unfortunately it wont reconize croatian special letters.

Thanks.

Regards

With a literal /č/g you'd have to worry about the file encoding (the file containing that code). If you look up the individual characters you want to replace in Unicode they'll be called "U+ABCD SOME TEXT DESCRIPTION" (where ABCD is a hex number). You can copy that number into a regex like

/[\uABCD]/g

Given that č is U+010D, ć is U+0107, š is U+0161, đ is U+0111, and ž is U+0173,

/[\u010D\u0107\u0161\u0111\u0173]/g

will match those five characters. As for exactly what you want to do with this information, I'm not sure either.

Side note: I'm pretty sure there's no "Croatian" block in Unicode, otherwise this would be a lot easier. Also Javascript doesn't support the \p{} construct you can find in Perl and PHP/PCRE, so you can't specify complete alphabets (like how a \w represents [a-zA-Z0-9_]).

Hello,

sorry i have forgot to put what is my purpose with it.

I wanna replace all chars from begining of each word and make first letter upper.

I now how to do it, just can't do it with croatian special chars.

Thanks fro replies.

It looks to me like you're gonna have to do each char individually. Have fun. :P Hopefully their alphabet ain't too huge. lol

The hex column here can help ya out. I'm not sure that's the whole alphabet though.

www.jlg-utilities.com/documentation_1_1/alphabets/Croatian.html

Edited by Xaotique

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.