copy paste code from phpfreaks

If the original post's code is properly indented, then it should copy into your editor indented as well (works fine for me anyway).

If the original post is not indented however, you'll need to use one of the re-formatting methods mentioned to fix it up (or just do it yourself).  Unfortunately the editor used for posting is buggy and often removes all indentation from code when people paste it.

There's a couple of other things I would really love to see, how that I've had time to think about this. ;)

First of all is a standard input form for the quick reply, not a JS-generated one. Having a dynamically created form defeats one of the nicest features of Opera, and that is the fact that it retains the form values in the history. So if I'm unfortunate to navigate away from the page, while writing a reply, I do not lose what I've already written.

Or at least, I would have, if the input element wasn't dynamically created. Lost quite a few replies this way. :(

The second thing is a proper tabindex order for the quick-edit form elements. Currently hitting TAB while editing a post will not bring you to the submit-button, like it does with the other forms, but rather to the "Quick reply" textarea. Slightly annoying, but nothing too major.

First of all is a standard input form for the quick reply, not a JS-generated one. Having a dynamically created form defeats one of the nicest features of Opera, and that is the fact that it retains the form values in the history.

Unlikely to happen

So if I'm unfortunate to navigate away from the page, while writing a reply, I do not lose what I've already written.

We'll be bumping up the auto-save time quite a bit, as well as the check for new replies timer. Each are currently set to 2min (ridiculous), while we'll likely have it at 15-30sec.

The second thing is a proper tabindex order for the quick-edit form elements. Currently hitting TAB while editing a post will not bring you to the submit-button, like it does with the other forms, but rather to the "Quick reply" textarea. Slightly annoying, but nothing too major.

Yeah, I've had this too and we'll likely be tweaking parts as we go.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.