giving a lable style based on "for"?

toolman

Jessica, that is not necessarily a cross-browser solution at the moment. (IE6 Is almost out the door completely, however, a large population around the world still uses IE6 -- Don't believe me, check out the IE6 map created by microsoft themselves.)

It would be best to give the "for" attribute value to a class like Jessica originally suggested, for best results across all browsers.

- Russell

Edited by RussellReal

however, a large population around the world still uses IE6

Do note that every website will be different and their analytics should be checked to see if it needs to be supported still. Anything under 5% can generally be forgotten about.

That said, IE6 is also 12 years old now... IMO it's time to move on and use newer CSS tricks ;)

Do note that every website will be different and their analytics should be checked to see if it needs to be supported still. Anything under 5% can generally be forgotten about.

That said, IE6 is also 12 years old now... IMO it's time to move on and use newer CSS tricks ;)

Duly noted, however, I feel that certain things like this don't affect your site in the slightest, and should be cross-browser compatible.

If it takes you an extra 3 seconds to do this, and have a larger audience see it exactly the way it was intended to, I honestly see no harm in it. If it was a 4 hour fix for IE6, than yes, its most likely better to drop support for IE6. Unless ofcourse IE6 is a requirement, there are a lot of what-ifs out there.

The bottom line here really is that as you're developing a website from the ground up, knowing what is or isn't fully supported is the key to NOT having to do as many fixes in the long-run, almost all of my work is IE6+ compatible, but I mark it as IE7+ compatible, because I look forward to the day that IE6 is not even remembered anymore, however, it is still there now, as much of a shame as that may be.

- Russell

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.