HTTP 400 Bad Request

Nothadoth

We cannot assist you unless you provide us with a bit more information.

What webserver are you running?

What changes did you make before this happened?

What are the similar traits to the hyperlinks?

And any other relevant information you can think of. Given the error, I moved this to the WebServer form. 

I am re-designing the theme so I created a new directory to work in and when it is finished ill just transfer the files. I havent modified any files in the old directory but now it is causing the error.

An example of this is the following URL - http://eventav.biz/s...&cmd=close&e=20

If I click the form button to change the event status it takes me to the above url but displays the "HTTP 400 Bad Request" error. But if I then just click the url at the top of the browser and click enter then it loads fine and works...

I can perform the action on my iphone and it works, but using my laptop or my dads causes the error.

PS - To bring this to a moderators attention. I cannot post messages properly on this forum using internet explorer 10. The quick reply box wont allow me to type and when I created this thread I was unable to create a new line. I am having to use Chrome.

Edited by Nothadoth

PS - To bring this to a moderators attention. I cannot post messages properly on this forum using internet explorer 10. The quick reply box wont allow me to type and when I created this thread I was unable to create a new line. I am having to use Chrome.

Is this the same browser (IE) that you're getting the 400 error with? If so, then it sounds like your browser might be misbehaving somewhat.

In any case, 400 Bad Request means that your web client (browser) is sending a malformed HTTP request to the server. There can be quite a few reasons for this error to occur.

You really should check the error logs on the server, and perhaps even monitor the HTTP requests the client is sending, to gain more information on why this is happening.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.