6 replies to this topic

#1 Nothadoth

Nothadoth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

Hey guys. I had my site working fine, but now all of a sudden when I click on certain hyperlinks it goes to 'HTTP 400 Bad Request'. But then if I just refresh the page it works fine. Why is this happening? Any clues??????

#2 premiso

premiso

Trollololol

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,969 posts
  • LocationHairy Beaverville

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

We cannot assist you unless you provide us with a bit more information.

What webserver are you running?
What changes did you make before this happened?
What are the similar traits to the hyperlinks?

And any other relevant information you can think of. Given the error, I moved this to the WebServer form. 
Did I assist you? Feeling like contributing to my gaming addiction?

Assist with my gaming addiction! | Free Flash Games | lxt Article Site

#3 Nothadoth

Nothadoth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

I am re-designing the theme so I created a new directory to work in and when it is finished ill just transfer the files. I havent modified any files in the old directory but now it is causing the error.

An example of this is the following URL - http://eventav.biz/s...&cmd=close&e=20

If I click the form button to change the event status it takes me to the above url but displays the "HTTP 400 Bad Request" error. But if I then just click the url at the top of the browser and click enter then it loads fine and works...

I can perform the action on my iphone and it works, but using my laptop or my dads causes the error.

PS - To bring this to a moderators attention. I cannot post messages properly on this forum using internet explorer 10. The quick reply box wont allow me to type and when I created this thread I was unable to create a new line. I am having to use Chrome.

Edited by Nothadoth, 17 January 2013 - 12:52 PM.

#4 requinix

requinix

Transforming Moderator

• Moderators
  • 6,064 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

And have you checked the error logs to see what happened?

#5 Christian F.

Christian F.

Advanced Member

• Staff Alumni
  • 3,106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

PS - To bring this to a moderators attention. I cannot post messages properly on this forum using internet explorer 10. The quick reply box wont allow me to type and when I created this thread I was unable to create a new line. I am having to use Chrome.

Is this the same browser (IE) that you're getting the 400 error with? If so, then it sounds like your browser might be misbehaving somewhat.

In any case, 400 Bad Request means that your web client (browser) is sending a malformed HTTP request to the server. There can be quite a few reasons for this error to occur.
You really should check the error logs on the server, and perhaps even monitor the HTTP requests the client is sending, to gain more information on why this is happening.
Keeping it simple.

#6 Jessica

Jessica

This is not my name.

• Gurus
  • 8,982 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Isn't 10 still beta???
My goal in replying to posts is to help you become a better programmer, including learning how to debug your own code and research problems. For that reason, rather than posting the solution, I reply with tips and hints on how to find the solution yourself. See below for useful links when you get stuck.

How to Get Good Help: How to Ask Questions | Don't be a help vampire
Debugging Your Code: Debugging your SQL | What does a php function do? | What does a term mean? | Don't see any errors?
Things You Should Do: Normalize Your Data | use print_r() or var_dump()
Lulz: "Functions should not have side effects." - trq

Please take a look at my new PHP/Web Dev blog: The Web Mason - Thanks!!

#7 Nothadoth

Nothadoth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

I can't see any error logs being created. So i'm not really sure. However I tested it in chrome and it works fine - so it must be an issue with IE10. I guess it's not really a problem then, it doesn't effect the end user anyway.

Thanks for the help guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Cheap Linux VPS from $5
SSD Storage, 30 day Guarantee
1 TB of BW, 100% Network Uptime

AlphaBit.com