My first web application, advice?

mr_newbie

Related info:

• Php newbie (newbie in web development in general)
  • have my senior proposal to submit in 4 month.

Problem which i need help with:

• I finished my web application design (using adobe). and i don't know how to proceed. i know it's time to code, but how can i link the code to the design i did ? like submit buttons, read data from db (i have knowledge in mysql/sql so queries and so on are fairly simple to handle)
  • Is there a way i could get my menus to be dynamic instead of static? for example Insert,update,delete would affect the name of menus and their subsections ?

Thanks for your advice.

I am so very lost after reading this, I really wish I could provide some feedback for you. Please try to re-word what it is you're looking for. If I really had to guess, I'd guess you were asking for help on coding HTML, and using some images you made with photoshop as the layout.

Sounds like you need to read some MySQL + PHP tutorials.

Make sure you find a tutorial that uses MySQLI or PDO, as they are current and have the highest chance of actually teaching you good code. The old mysql (without the I) library is no longer maintained, and thus will be removed from PHP in the future.

Your talking about a general content management system. 

You need to find a nice resource to learn PHP and MySQL.

I would recommend you try this:

http://www.lynda.com/PHP-tutorials/php-with-mysql-essential-training/435-2.html?srchtrk=index%3a6%0alinktypeid%3a2%0aq%3aPHP%0apage%3a1%0as%3arelevance%0asa%3atrue%0aproducttypeid%3a2

This is a fantastic video series geared toward beginners and the series actually takes you through development of your first CMS.

Spend 2 or 3 weeks with it and you'll be off to a great start.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.