hardcoding vs open source

John Davy Olmedo

I don't understand why this is an 'or' question. You don't have to study hardcoding OR learn how to use a CMS. Or at least I've never heard of any countries that legally or physically impose this.

Now, if wanted to ask which was better for you, then you have not given enough information about yourself, your circumstances, and/or what you want to do, to be able to answer your question in a non-facetious manner.

Edited by haku

• 2 weeks later...

Customizing open source is more fashionable nowadays technology to bring ideas and imagination into action.

Open source products like Joomla customization, personalization Mambo, Drupal CMS Customization, Zen Cart Customization, Oscommerce, X-Cart and PHPBB has been accepted for the software development cost. By using these open source software systems change and integration into existing applications has become easier.

I guess it all depends on what your goal is. If you want fairly quick results without the need for much customisation you won't need to learn a lot of hardcoding. On the other hand if you need to integrate customised themes into a CMS then knowing how to hard code will speed up the process and make it less painful!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.