Thoughts on MURA?

blackenedheart

Funny stuff.

Ahemmmm actually it has quite a lot to do with PHP. It was written in it. It's a CMS. I thought the posters over here were a bit more hip.

You should probably get some facts right first, and then ask your question in a more appropriate place.

I think WordPress is good as a CMS. There's a lot of money to be made with Wordpress. I have a love/hate relationship with it though. The core is the definition of spaghetti code, yet somehow it manages to work. Maybe you don't consider it a CMS, but I was reading something this week where I believe the statistics are such that it gets used way more as a CMS than a blogging application. So there you go, a CMS written in PHP. There are others, but I don't have any experience with them. I'd love to use a eloquent MVC type CMS. Anyone know of one? Sorry to hijack the thread, but it was going downhill.

Since everyone here is a GURU, ADMINISTRATOR, and MODERATOR and CERTIFIED COMPUTER GENIUS, I thought someone could give me an intelligent opinion.  Who the fuck cares whether its written in PHP or not?  I was told it was.  What I want to know is if it is a good CMS!  That's all!

Intelligent opinion:

1. If you don't know something, don't blindly assume that what someone says is true (PHP vs. ColdFusion).

2. ColdFusion is an incredibly niche platform currently maintained by a company in a bit of a midlife crisis.  I wouldn't touch anything written in it with a 10' pole.

3. That said, why would you think a forum clearly dedicated to PHP would have an unbiased opinion (or any opinion at all) on it?

4. Don't get pissy when people point out your ignorance or flawed premise.

Seriously, did you really think that a new user creating essentially a drive-by, "Hey, howabout some CMS no one's heard about that's written in another language?" topic would get a favorable response?

Has anyone here ever heard the Allegory of The Cave?

I assume you are responding to this:

I think it's a damn fine term the japanese can use in their day to day communications.

Next time you post you may want to be more specific about what you are talking about.

My response to you is, have you ever heard of sarcasm? 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.