Hello all

joetaylor

Just thought I'd say hi..  You may be seeing a lot more of me in the future..   B)

I'd been building websites for my search marketing efforts for over 10 years.  I've ran a full-time online business for over 7 years.  But, in the beginning, I was building sites for myself (affiliate marketing, digital products)..  a couple of years ago I decided to start designing and building sites for others.. clients.

I started out on the freelance sites like elance mainly to get business and experience..  I did ok, but it really just served as a stepping stone as my portfolio developed.   This year things changed pretty dramatically.  While I may seek some freelance work on those sites, I have built a couple of relationships/clients that refer me all the business I need.  It's a great feeling, it's great to continue to work for myself.. and it's given me confidence that I'll be doing this for a long time to come!

Most of my experience revolves around CMS..  at the moment, most of the sites I'm building with Wordpress.  From mockup design, coding and developing the site on the web.

I'm great with html and css..  I'm ok, I understand, php,..have a lot to learn. I couldn't code anything from scratch.. I also am trying to get better at javascript, mySQL as those are languages that play large rolls in the sites I'm building or I see myself building.   

Anyway, I don't want to write a book.  

I do know it's time for me to find a couple of good communities to contribute to and learn from.. and this one looks like one of the best.  Looking forward to getting to know all of you.  

thanks!

-Joe

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.