Mail Function "From" Problem

usedearplugs

When sending email using the mail function in PHP, I can't get the from field to show what I want it to. In the header, I set the from email to be webmaster@mysiteExample.com, but it comes out with somemailboxcode123@mysiteExample.com. How can I fix this?

Here's a slightly modified version of my code

function email($from, $name, $subject, $body){
    $emailFrom="webmaster@mysite.com";
    $headers = 'From: Web Form <' . $emailFrom . '>' . "\r\n" .
    'Reply-To: ' . $aDifferentEmailAddress . "\r\n" .
    'X-Mailer: PHP/' . phpversion();
    $send = mail($emailTo, $subject, $body, $headers);
}

Thank you so much for your reply! I did actually try it that way first (no name, just email address).

I could even see how some email clients may show the from differently, but the funny thing is I check the headers in the email and it never even shows the "webmaster" email address anywhere in the email headers.

I have also echoed the $headers variable to ensure that it does actually show the proper "From: name <webmaster@mysite.com>"...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.