Using CURL to answer security question

a_bains

I am trying to login to the website in the below example. This script logs in using a username and password but then is directed to a page with a security question. This is where the problem is, I am unable to POST my answer on this page. The result of my output is just the page with the security question. 

$username = 'XXXX';
$password = 'XXXX';
$loginUrl = 'https://www.dandh.ca/v4/dh';

$ch = curl_init();

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $loginUrl);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, 'Login='.urlencode($username).'&PW='.urlencode($password).'&Request=Login&formName=Login&jsEnabled=0&queryString=&Platform=Full&btLogin='.urlencode('Log In'));
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR, "/tmp/cookies.txt");
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_COOKIEFILE, "/tmp/cookies.txt");
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);

curl_exec($ch); // process main login

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, 'securityAnswer=XXXX&Request=postForm&formName=loginChallengeValidation&btContinue=Continue');

echo curl_exec($ch); // process security question

curl_close($ch);

Here is the source code of the security question HTML form:
<form name="securityForm" id="secForm" method="post" action="/v4/dh">
<input type="hidden" name="Request" value="postForm"><input type="hidden" name="formName" value="loginChallengeValidation">
<table border="0" align="center" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td><span style="font-weight:bold;">Security Response</span>
<br>
<p>
                        Please answer the following security question.  Once the answer is confirmed you can continue.
                      </p>
<p style="margin-left: 20px;">
                        Question: What is the name of your best friend from childhood?</p>
                        Answer: <input type="text" id="securityAnswer" name="securityAnswer" size="50" maxlength="50">
</p>
<input type="submit" name="btContinue" value="Continue">
</p>
<p>
<i>If you do not know the answer to the security question, please email <a href="mailto:passwords@dandh.com">passwords@dandh.com</a> and they will send you a temporary password.
                        <a href="/v4/dh?Request=postForm&formName=LogOut">Click here</a> to return to login page.</i>
</p>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</form>

Edited by a_bains

• 1 month later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.