2 replies to this topic

#1 ThePHPAppprentice

ThePHPAppprentice

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

Hello,

I am going trough an online course which is teaching me how to handle files with PHP. The chapter I am in right now has introduced Windows Powershell as a way to list file permission settings.

The instructor is using the command 'ls -a' which displays the files and the permission settings. However, when I try it myself I get this error and do not understand why: Get-ChildItem : A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter 'a'.

I searched high and low for an hour on Google about that but cannot find anything useful.

Can someone concisely explain that to me or what I am doing wrong? I would like to go over that hump in order to resume with the chapter.

The sooner the better,

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Edited by ThePHPAppprentice, 11 July 2013 - 09:09 AM.

#2 Maq

Maq

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 9,361 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, USA

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

I'm not sure but can't you just user another terminal, something like cygwin or the built in command line?

tjmothy

ini_set ("display_errors", "1");
error_reporting(E_ALL);

#3 kicken

kicken

Wiser? Not exactly.

• Gurus
  • 2,714 posts
  • LocationBonita, FL

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

It sounds to me like your getting confused between Windows's Powershell and a Unix/Linux shell. The command ls -a is a unix/linux shell command to list all files. Get-Childitems will list all the files in windows powershell, it needs no parameters though.
Recycle your old CD's, don't trash them!
Did I help you out?  Feeling generous? I accept tips via Paypal or Bitcoin @ 14mDxaob8Jgdg52scDbvf3uaeR61tB2yC7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Cheap Linux VPS from $5
SSD Storage, 30 day Guarantee
1 TB of BW, 100% Network Uptime

AlphaBit.com