Trying to print out an array in html

bennyEire
Go to solution Solved by Muddy_Funster,

Hey peps, I'm a bit of a noob a php so please be gentle, The following code is an associated array which takes info form a search engine such as url,title and snippet,

$blekkoArray = array();						

$find = array ('http://','https://','www.');
		$score = 100;

foreach ($js->RESULT as $item)
    {   
        $blekkoArray[str_replace ($find, '', ($item->{'url'}))] = array(         
        'title'=> $item->{'url_title'},
        'snippet' => $item->{'snippet'},
		'score' => $score--
         );

} 

when I do a print_r this is the output I get

Array ( [example.com] => Array ( [title] => Example title [snippet] => Blah Blah Blah [score] => 100 )  [example2.com] => Array ( [title] => Example title2 [snippet] => Blah Blah Blah2 [score] => 99)  [example3.com] => Array ( [title] => Example title3 [snippet] => Blah Blah Blah3 [score] => 98 ) .......)

I'm trying to get an output like the following below

example.com  // I would like this to be a href clickable link

Example title

Blah Blah Blah

example.com 2

Example title

Blah Blah Blah 2

and so on, this is the code I've tried

foreach ($js->RESULT as $item)
    {   
        echo "<href={$blekkoArray[str_replace ($find, '', ($item->{'url'}))]}>". $blekkpArray[$key]['title'] . "</a> <br>" .        
        $blekkoArray[str_replace ($find, '', ($item->{'url'}))] . "<br>" . $blekkoArray[$key]['snippet'];
		echo "<br>"; echo "<br>";
}

but when I run the code I'm getting undifined index and undifined variable warnings, can anyone help please

For the loop I'd recommend to use a nested foreach.(on the array you've used in your print_r) The first foreach kan be used like:

Foreach($array as $key => $value) { ... }

Where $key is example.com and value are its children. So then do another foreach inside this one with the $value as an array. That should work!

Edited by Mad programmer

So would the structure be something like this

foreach($bingarray as $key => $value) { 
			foreach($value.....){  // I'm not sure what goes in here

echo "<href={$bingArray[str_replace ($find, '', ($item->{'Url'}))]}>". $bingArray[$key]['title'] . "</a> <br>" .        
        $bingArray[str_replace ($find, '', ($item->{'url'}))] . "<br>" . $bingArray[$key]['snippet'];
		echo "<br>"; echo "<br>";
		}
		 }

what do I put in the second foreach loop

Just out of curiosity - what is the str_replace for?

Here is a heavily commented basic example of itterating through a multi-dim' array, maybe it will healp you get the idea of what to do:

<?php
//$myArray is a pretend array containing keys of userID's and each of these keys relates to a sub array containing keys of firstname, lastname, age, dob and homepage
//I will apply only the most basic of html table formating as well as a simple hyperlink for the homepage
//
//lets get started
echo "<table>"; //start the table element
foreach($myArray as $topKey=>$subArray){ //This is the ittertation through the top level array, breaking it into key=>value pairs identified by the variables used after the "as"
echo "<tr><th>user ID : $topKey </th>"; //create a new table row and echo out the userID [which is the key in the top level of $myArray, and as such is assigned to $topKey by the foreach] into a table header
foreach($subArray as $arrayElems){ // This starts itterating through the sub array associated with the key we just echo'd. 
     //notice that as we don't care about accessing the litteral key, only it's associated value, we have assigned only a single variable after the "as" this time.
echo "<td>First Name : {$arrayElems['fistname']}</td>"; //echo out the firstname value into the table
echo "<td>Last Name : {$arrayElems['lastname']}</td>"; //echo out the lastname value into the table
echo "<td>Age : {$arrayElems['age']}</td>"; //echo out the age value into the table
echo "<td>Date Of Birth : {$arrayElems['dob']}</td>"; //echo out the dob value into the table
echo "<td>Homepage : <a href=\"{$arrayElems['homepage']}\">{$arrayElems['homepage']}</a></td>"; //echo out the homepage value into the table and crate a hyperlink with it too
} //close sub level itteraton action block
echo "</tr>" //now we are back out to the top level itteration we want to close the table row ready for the next item
} //close top level itteration action block
echo "</table>"; // at this point all the information has been echoe'd, so it's time to close the table
?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.