Photo

IIS - Script Map working, but invalid HTTP headers returned?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Irate

Irate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:48 AM

So, yeah, another of these IIS topics (I would use XAMPP, but I managed to corrupt all of my data (don't ask how hahah)), this time, I added, as the title might suggest, a Script Map for all *.pl files to be handled by C:\Perl64\bin\perl.exe, seeing as I recently downloaded Perl and want to gather some experience working with it.
I primarily am interested in using it with the CGI, but I will also use Perl for CLI scripts (and that's working fine), although the CGI tells me that the Perl scripts throw no HTTP headers at me, causing 502 errors.
Anyone know if it's a failing Script Map or if there is an .exe file for the CGI I do not know about? :P
Quod placet mihi non placeat tibi. - What I think to be good must not always equal your perception of it.

I am not perfect. I try a lot with the code I provide and I don't guarantee for it to work as I have mostly no option to test it on my mobile phone. I do apologize for any inconvenience I caused, but if I do happen to have helped, liking my posts or marking them as to have solved or answered your question would be nice.

#2 kicken

kicken

Wiser? Not exactly.

• Gurus
  • 2,648 posts
  • LocationBonita, FL

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:09 AM

Do you have your perl script generating proper headers as part of it's output? It's been a long time since I did anything with perl, and never with IIS but from what I remember it was necessary. Eg:

#!/bin/perl

print "Content-type: text/html\r\n\r\n";
print '<html><head><title>Blah</title></head><body>Hi!</body></html>';

Recycle your old CD's, don't trash them!
Did I help you out?  Feeling generous? I accept tips via Paypal or Bitcoin @ 14mDxaob8Jgdg52scDbvf3uaeR61tB2yC7

#3 Irate

Irate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:54 AM

I'll give it a try, didn't include any of that in my lecture about Perl, so, eh.

Still going to try it out, thanks a bunch.

Quod placet mihi non placeat tibi. - What I think to be good must not always equal your perception of it.

I am not perfect. I try a lot with the code I provide and I don't guarantee for it to work as I have mostly no option to test it on my mobile phone. I do apologize for any inconvenience I caused, but if I do happen to have helped, liking my posts or marking them as to have solved or answered your question would be nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Cheap Linux VPS from $5
SSD Storage, 30 day Guarantee
1 TB of BW, 100% Network Uptime

AlphaBit.com