Should be an Easy Fix

Darren82

Fairly new to PHP and this is my first post on the site. Just wondered if anyone could help with a piece of code I am trying to get working. It sits inside a Wordpress loop and pulls your 10 latest thumbnails except for the most recent one (as I set the current latest post in an extra large header at the top of the page).

The code is doing the job but I am having difficulty sizing the thumbnails:

<?php
query_posts('posts_per_page=10&offset=1');
if ( have_posts() ) : while ( have_posts() ) : the_post();
?> 

<?php echo $the_query->the_post_thumbnail; ?>

<?php
if ( has_post_thumbnail($post->ID) ) { // check if the post has a Post Thumbnail assigned to it.
the_post_thumbnail($post->ID);
}
?>

I also have this in my functions.php

if ( function_exists( 'add_image_size' ) ) {
     add_image_size( 'posts-thumb', 220, 170 );
}

When I replace ($post->ID) at the bottom of the first script with ( 'posts-thumb' ) the code works as it should and the thumbnails are re-sized but I am losing the ID information attached to the image. Is there a way to put the ( 'posts-thumb' ) snippet in without deleting any of the original code?

Thanks.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.