3 replies to this topic

#1 han003

han003

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

Hi!

Lets say I make a site where users can register, and instead of having the profile pages like
www.mysite.com/user.php?user=randomguy1

I want to make them like
www.mysite.com/randomguy1

Hope you understand!

#2 .josh

.josh

.josh

• Staff Alumni
  • 14,831 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

google "mod rewrite" and "beautify urls"

Did I help you? Feeling generous? Donate to me! || Donate to phpfreaks!
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#3 han003

han003

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

Thanks!

#4 vinny42

vinny42

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:19 AM

And don't get tempted to write new rewrite-rules for every user, simply rewrite al URL's to index.php and use PHP to examine the URL and decide what todo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Cheap Linux VPS from $5
SSD Storage, 30 day Guarantee
1 TB of BW, 100% Network Uptime

AlphaBit.com