Need to watermark images

tkepner

Hi! I have an application where I need to add a "watermark" to an image displayed on a website.

Here are the parameters:

• The image comes in various sizes and shapes, from 3,000 pixels to 20,000 pixels (square, round, rectangular tall/wide).
  • The finished image is output at a lower proportional size to easily fit a tablet/laptop/desktop screen and down to as small as thumbnail, and can be png, gif, or jpg.
  • The watermark is a company name, iDesign Street, repeated as many times as needed, proportionately-sized for the image. (I don't want a GIANT watermark on a small image or a tiny watermark on big image)
  • The watermark needs to run diagonally (45-degree), repeated at intervals (proportional to image size) for vertical/horizontal rectangles and large images.
  • The watermark text should be partially transparent so the viewer can easily see through it, but visible enough to discourage screen-grabs, and easy correction if it is grabbed.
  • Filenames will come from other programs or a web-browser.
  • input parameters would be, at a minimum, filename and output file size (size of smallest side--tall/wide--of input file), with the other items set in the program (company name, proportional size of watermark, repeat frequency as percent of image size, transparency, text font used, and output filetype), although it would be nice to be able to have input over-rides for all of those.
  • Inputs must be "sanitized" to protect server (they should only be numbers and letters, but you never know what someone might try to sneak in with a direct call attempt).

The goal is to make it difficult enough to prevent people from stealing the images, or cropping out the watermark, while at the same time not blocking the image.

Here's the fun part: I haven't a clue how hard this is to do, nor how long it would take to do it. I've done programming myself and could probably figure it out if I spent a couple of days doing it. Someone here who already understands Imagick or one of the other php graphic packages could do it much faster, and probably much more elegantly!

So, I am open to bids on doing this job. Payment will be half up front, one-quarter on delivery of code, remainder on acceptance of code as finished.

This is not a rush job.

I can be reached via my email: tkepner-at-aol-dot-com

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.