PHP Apache Configuration Error

Go to solution Solved by requinix,

Hello,

I am trying to configure PHP with Apache Http Server on my Windows 7 Laptop. 

Apache MSI - httpd-2.2.25-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi PHP ZIP - php-5.5.6-Win32-VC11-x86.zip

For PHP I did the following

1. Renamed php.ini-development to php.ini 2. In php.ini removed ; (uncommented) in front of extension_dir and given the path for extension_dir as "C:\PHP\ext".  C:\PHP is where my PHP files are unzipped to.

3. In php.ini removed ; in front of extension=php_mysql.dll

For Apache in C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\httpd.conf made the following changes 1.  Added LoadModule php6_module "C:\PHP\php5apache2_4.dll"

2.  Added

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps

PHPIniDir "C:\PHP"

But while trying to restart Apache Service I am getting the error Cannot load C:/PHP/php5apache2_4.dll into server: The specified procedure could not be found.

I tried with different versions of PHP zip like php-5.4.22-Win32-VC9-x86.zip and php-5.3.27-Win32-VC9-x86.zip.  But same error.

In one of the PHP forums I found that if VC++ redistributable package is installed the error will be solved.  VC++ redistributable package was installed already even then i downloaded again and installed still same error.

In othere post it was mentioned that using VC6 of PHP will solve this.  I could not find VC6.

I am just begining my adventure with PHP, it would be great if any one can help me with this issue in setting up the environment.

** Steps which i am following from wrox book mentions to copy libmysql.dl from c:\PHP to c:\Windows\System32 or C:\WINNT\System32.  But I could not find libmysql.dll in any of the versions of zip that I used.

Regards,

James

Thank You it worked!!

As pointed out I changed  it to LoadModule php5_module "C:\PHP\php5apache2_2.dll" and it worked.

Steps which I am following also mentions to copy libmysql.dll from c:\PHP to c:\Windows\System32 or C:\WINNT\System32 for PHP to work with MYSQL.  But I could not find libmysql.dll in c:\php.  I haven't installed MySQL yet.  Will this be a problem while trying to connect to MySQL.

Regards,

James

Steps which I am following also mentions to copy libmysql.dll from c:\PHP to c:\Windows\System32 or C:\WINNT\System32 for PHP to work with MYSQL.  But I could not find libmysql.dll in c:\php.  I haven't installed MySQL yet.  Will this be a problem while trying to connect to MySQL.

Don't move anything from the PHP install folder. Instead add the install folder to the Windows PATH variable. 

Go to Control Panel > System and Security > System >  Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables > Select PATH from System Variables and click Edit. Press the End Key and type in C:\PHP;

Press Ok to all open windows and restart Windows. 

PHP should now be able search for libraries within in its own install folder. Just edit the php.ini and enable the required extensions you need to use.

Make sure you restart Apache after modifiing the php.ini

PHP5.3+ no longer comes with libmysql.dll it is built in to PHP. All you need to do is enable the mysql (or mysqi) extension(s).

Edited by Ch0cu3r

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.