Windows 7 64-bit

WAMP

-Apache 2.4.4 (Win64)

-OpenSSL 1.0.1d

-PHP 5.4.12

8 GB of DDR3-1600MHZ RAM (2x4GB)

128 SSD

Intel Core i3-3217U @ 1.8GHZ

The problem I am having with this server is that it will stop fulfilling SSL-based requests after a certain amount of time. This server takes about 500-600 SSL based connections at any time so it is under a bit of a load. However, I don't have any bottlenecks in terms of performance. HTTPD.exe takes about 1.5GB of RAM on average and uses about 5-15% of the CPU.

The interesting thing is that the non-SSL virtual servers will respond properly. I can view the server stats via the status_module and access other virtual servers that serve different domains. When I view the status of the server I see a large amount of connections that are stuck in the "_" - Waiting for connection state. My machine that got the "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" error message is also there under "Waiting for connection". So far the only fix is restarting the webserver every 5-10 minutes.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

System logs?  Windows tends to hide them, but you need to take a look.

I'd go on a limb and suggest forgetting WAMP and looking instead at LAMP, or, even better, a BSD stack.  500-600 simultaneous connections to a Winbox is a classic recipe for brain-death and the reason that web clustering is a well-known practice instead of something only done by the top <1% of web sites.

• 3 weeks later...

My bad about the double post. 

So a little update. I have updated Apache 2.4.7 and PHP to 5.4.12 and I still have the issue. The only improvement is the amount of time it takes the virtual host to lock down. Right now I have it at about 3-4 hours until it bites the dust (1-2 hours at around 600 simultaneous connections). When it does lock down, it will simply reply with "CONNECTION REFUSED". Again, other virtual hosts will continue to operate. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.