Photo

Why can't I use an avatar image?

Best Answer Philip, 09 February 2014 - 01:28 AM

Yup, it's 10 posts to prevent spam bots from taking over the world. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 renatov

renatov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:04 PM

Hello, I would like to use an avatar image, but whenever I try to upload it, it says member_profile_disabled. Is it an error or is it meant to be this way since I'm a newbie here?

Thanks for your attention.

#2 .josh

.josh

.josh

• Staff Alumni
  • 14,831 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:14 PM

Yes, it is because you are a newbie. Offhand, I think I recall that you have to have at least 10 posts to unlock it. Too lazy to go searching for perms atm.

Did I help you? Feeling generous? Donate to me! || Donate to phpfreaks!
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#3 Philip

Philip

Phailip

• Staff Alumni
  • 4,753 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:28 AM   Best Answer

Yup, it's 10 posts to prevent spam bots from taking over the world.

#4 renatov

renatov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:30 AM

Thanks for the explanation, guys! This is my 10th post, so I guess I'll try to conker the world now lol

#5 mac_gyver

mac_gyver

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:30 AM

except for these people in the new members group with avatars and none or a few posts that probably signed up via a facebook or twitter account -

http://forums.phpfre...owedItemsOnly=0

if that link doesn't work, use the upper-right menu 'View New Content', then the left-hand menu 'By Content Type' - 'Members'

multi-purpose programming fool. well written source-code should be self-documenting. well written code should be self-troubleshooting. 

#6 .josh

.josh

.josh

• Staff Alumni
  • 14,831 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:05 AM

well we can't really do anything about the ipb api pulling in avatars from joining via 3rd party social media shit. Well, I guess we can but.. too lazy.

Did I help you? Feeling generous? Donate to me! || Donate to phpfreaks!
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Cheap Linux VPS from $5
SSD Storage, 30 day Guarantee
1 TB of BW, 100% Network Uptime

AlphaBit.com