Got some q's about php appz/svn and others

Pr0t0n

Hello,

I haven't been coding alot for a few years and now I am "upgrading" my tools, and looking for a good svn or other site to have a lab were I can add projects and have a webserver for it for testing, I know svn falls off in that case but for updates its useful for me.

I am open to any site, would be cool if it supported zend.

Hey sorry for my late response,

I said svn but I meant git, the only thing I dont see is how it could be useful when developing projects, I know its used for open source projects which u can manage with multiple dev's but is it only useful in alpha stage when the project is ready for release?

Yeah local webserver has always been useful, well good to know things didnt change alot :P.

Phalcon is a framework written as a PHP extension. Smarty is a templating component, there is a massive difference.

As for this:

I said svn but I meant git, the only thing I dont see is how it could be useful when developing projects, I know its used for open source projects which u can manage with multiple dev's but is it only useful in alpha stage when the project is ready for release?

Version control is useful in all stages of development. Once a project is under version control (and it should be from the start), it should always stay under version control. It is an extremely useful tool.

At this point in time its pretty hard to see what your actually asking here.

Yeah I know last week I had all these questions but I wasnt able to put it all down in one story.

As for version control I am gonna check articles I wanna know everything about it.

Well let me explain how I got into Smarty, I was coding in Perl like 6 years ago then I noticed

my interest in webdevelopment, so I went into PHP and from the start a friend of me explained

me it was possible to keep my code and templates seperate from eachother, which is very useful

when I do the coding and a collegaeu(or however you write it) does the designs.

And to be honest lately I want to code every piece myself so no wp and phpbb, and I think I am

more afraid to use those frameworks to make my web applications, and then at the end I only manipulated

the code from a third party to have it work and look to the expectations of the project.

So to hear you say that smarty is just a templating framework/component is actually the most useful thing to

use in my case or check if phalcon or another company offers a faster template component.

I am gonna mark this as "solved" but if you dont mind I would like to hear more input from you to get me back

on track, so far you give very interesting answers.

Greetings,

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.