The New Guy

Tassadar

Hey all, new to the forum. I have been dabbling with PHP for a while and recently got back into it when my roommate and I decided to make a browser based game. I have been reading and testing code to get the hang of things (a lot has changed with 5.5) and so now I am working on a pretty neat game.

Its a web browser RTS game in a space setting. Lots of great ideas and storyline to go with this game too. Not much as far as graphics go, its not that kind of game. On the outside looking in, the game looks fairly simple but behind the scenes its pretty nuts. 

...and if anyone is interested lemme know! </shameless_plug>

I hope to pick up more techniques and learn more about PHP from users on the forums!

Sorry for the late reply, didn't see there was one. Yeah its a text-based browser game. Nothing too overly complicated, no crazy CGI. but I have a LOT going for the story line and plenty of ideas.. I just need to figure out how to do them! Cron jobs are killing me right now, and trying to figure out formulas etc.. 

Since its just me working on it, and Im learning PHP as I develop the game.. who the hell knows lol. If I had another programmer (preferably someone advanced) it would go a LOT quicker. Its going to be sort of like starcraft, but inter-planetary attacks and defenses. You build up your outpost and you are part of a colony which is 20 different players (outposts). then its basically colony vs colony. Wars, and alliances etc. I also have some pretty badass twists in the storyline that will change gameplay. My host already has unlimited bandwidth and connections so I could have virtually thousands of people on at any given time without any major connection issues. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.