remove .php extensions

Love2c0de

Good afternoon,

I'm having a really weird problem with my attempt at re-writing URL's.

I'm trying to remove the .php extension from my filename within the URL. 

It works fine with pages 'portfolio.php, terms.php and promise.php' but not any of the other pages. The other pages send me to a redirect loop error.

Here is my rewrite rules:

RewriteEngine OnRewriteBase /RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME}.php -fRewriteRule !.*\.php$ %{REQUEST_FILENAME}.php [L]

filenames are as guessed, index.php, services.php, contact.php etc, as you can see only those certain pages listed above work.

Does anyone know why?

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

L2c

Edited by Love2c0de

Hi Ch0cu3r,

Thank you for the reply and sorry for the late reply.

I ended up taking another route. I did look at the link you provided but it was too complicated at the time.

Would you be able to help me solve my next problem?

I used this code to get what I needed:

RewriteEngine OnRewriteBase /RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME}.php -fRewriteRule !.*\.php$ %{REQUEST_FILENAME}.php [L]

I have a 'portfolio.php' page with some project links. When those links are clicked it accepts a GET variable and pulls the relevant information from the database - displaying it on 'project.php'. So project.php acts as a template for different content.

How can I modify my .htaccess rules to compensate for when there is a GET variable passed?

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Tom

How can I modify my .htaccess rules to compensate for when there is a GET variable passed?

Apply the   QSA   (Query String Append) flag on your rewrite rule

RewriteRule !.*\.php$ %{REQUEST_FILENAME}.php [L,QSA]
Edited by Ch0cu3r

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.