Football pool code

cflpickem

HI

I have been running a CFL pickem pool for years, Cflpigskinpickem.com Its a simple pool, pick all the winners before the season starts with a tie breaker the tie breaker is the combined score of the last game of the season. I just need the back end php code,that I can cut and past to the web pages I have allready made, a system that can run on web space that i all ready have? I know alittle html, but when it comes to php I don't have a clue.

Someone made the php code from me that I have on my site now but I am have issues adding a new team for next year. The look is kinda old, so a new fresher look might be better.

Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated, I make no money from this web site it just all for fun.

Thanks

sorry, as this won't directly help you, but programming help forums are not here to find or to write code for you. programming help forums are for people who have a problem with code they have written and need help. if you haven't written any code or even understand the code you do have so that you would understand any replies given about that code, we won't be able to help you.

there is a 'job offers' forum section that you can post in to hire someone to do this for you.

your previous (or future) coder should have designed the system to be general purpose and data driven so that all you would need to do for any team/schedule/yearly changes is to either log into an administrator page and add/remove/change the defining data or perhaps upload a csv file that defines the data the site uses for the current year.

if your intent is to do this yourself, you will first need to learn enough of the php language (and probably mysql sql query language) so that you can look at the existing code and get the gist of what it is doing, then make an attempt at changing an 'off-line' version of your site on a localhost development system. if you get stuck, you can post the relevant code and error/symptom on a programming help forum. those that make an honest attempt at coding get helpful replies in a programming help forum. those that just dump their code, errors, and data on a forum and expect someone to fix the problems for them, don't.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.