HipHop VM

r3wt

Not in production no, but Ive played with it quite a bit on the side.

I definitely wouldn't say the zend engine is dead, it's getting a good ass kicking though which can only lead to good things IMO.

All my vagrant boxes install it alongside zend.

I've heard alot of people say they wouldnt use it in production, but i don't see why personally. once you get redis setup to handle sessions(requires a hack because session_save_handler is broken) that's half the battle. there are some little bizarre quirks to hhvm, and some corners have been cut, but i feel very excited about the future of php. the competition should make both engines much better. 

I've heard alot of people say they wouldnt use it in production, but i don't see why personally.

For starters, there are still failing tests with my framework of choice (Symfony2). I know things are improving, but I'm not running failing code in production.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.