Tiny MCE Image Plugin

Drongo_III

Hello all

I am implementing TinyMCE in a small CMS system. I have enabled the 'image insert/edit plugin' (as per code below/attached screenshot) but it's very limited. 

I therefore would like to edit the popup for this plugin to include a custom button which will pop an additional overlay displaying all available images from the server (rather than just the text list that the plugin by default allows).

The problem is that the plugin is minified in the production version of tinyMCE, so I it's hard to work directly on that, and when I download the development version of tinyMCE I cannot see the corresponding image plugin that exists in the production version.

So, can anyone advise on:

a) Should I be using the development package to edit this plugin?

b) Is the plugin simply not available in the development package? Or is in under some other name?

c) is there actually a much simpler way to add a button to this popup that doesn't require changing the plugin at all?

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Drongo

<script type="text/javascript">
tinymce.init({
    selector: "textarea",
	 plugins: "image",
         image_advtab: true,

});

</script>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.