Apologies if this is in the wrong section, as I'm not too sure what I would need for the things I'm wanting, and I would like to constrain it to one topic if possible.
I had an idea for a gaming community site (http://gamer-cafe.net/), and so far I have a bare-bones layout but I would like an image gallery, and a mod gallery. Problem is, I don't know what to begin learning to even get a basic version of either going
This is what I hope to achieve at the end;
- Content uploads are member restricted
- Users can upload an image of their favourite moment in gaming
- Users can upload a mod to improve others games
- Users must include a minimum of one image, a title, a short description, and 4 tags with their upload(s)
- Users can then download, comment, and rate the content
- Site will automatically grab thumbnails of the content
- Content originating from the user will display on their profile
I use PhPBB for the users credentials, so it would need to integrate with that so I could get the users names etc for comments
I know it's a lot, and it's going to take a while aha but I'm up for it and determined, what would I need to learn to get something like these working?