PHP Warriors, Please help :)

I am trying to write a function in the genesis framwork that would allow me to add before_content_sidebar_wrap only on page_blog.php for my slider but can't seem to get it to work! I notice that the wrap and hook are added successefully but they display in every page instead of the blog only. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is my function

add_action('genesis_before_content_sidebar_wrap', 'child_before_content_sidebar_wrap');

if ( ! ( is_page_template( ‚page_blog.php‚ ) ) )
return;

and here is my website I am displaying the slider on. It should be only on the blog page; mainlinerealtors.com/blog/

Thanks a lot,

Edited by kwmlr439

Try adding the if statement around the add_action function.

I have never used the genesis framework so this is just a pure stab in the dark.

By the way, the syntax looks weird in your if statement!?

if(is_page_template( ,page_blog.php, ) {
  add_action('genesis_before_content_sidebar_wrap', 'child_before_content_sidebar_wrap');
}

Try adding the if statement around the add_action function.

I have never used the genesis framework so this is just a pure stab in the dark.

By the way, the syntax looks weird in your if statement!?

if(is_page_template( ,page_blog.php, ) {
}
Clarkey,

Thanks for your reply; I just tried to add add the if statement before the functions but didn't work; it just went blank :)

• 2 weeks later...
Clarkey, on 09 May 2014 - 08:24 AM, said:

genesis framework is just a way to create wordpress themes, in the end is all the same wordpress code.

Edited by QuickOldCar

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.