Learning PHP reminds me of the feeling of falling

Keyboarding

Hey everyone!

I'm about a month into learning PHP, 

i started with javascript and decided I should switch to PHP, so glad I did. 

Learned the basics of programming with javascript which was nice,

all the pain and burnout was associated with JS and not PHP, I switched into PHP and everything just made sense.

I've got a journey posted on a site and i've been keeping track of all the progress ive made.

It's extremely helpful. 

I found this site looking for php projects, and it looked edgy and active. Thought i'd join.

Unfortunately you will probably end up going back to JavaScript again because it handles stuff that PHP doesn't handle. I started with PHP and didn't get very involved with JavaScript, but then found that I needed it. I now use it all the time. It's not like the old days where JavaScript was considered a option. These days JavaScript is enabled on like 99.99999% of devices. PHP and JavaScript are good friends though. I can't remember when I started in on web design and development, but it's probably been about 10 years. Been using PHP for 8 years. You never stop learning, so that feeling of falling will probably be with you for a couple years until you start feeling more comfortable.

What he  ::) said ...  :happy-04:

I find PHP much easier than JS as well.  But JS appears to be moving to the forefront of web tech ... almost every company needs UI/JS people, whereas the backend may be PHP, Ruby, Python, C/C#/.NET ... sheesh, I even saw an ad for a CF developer inside a fairly large company lately...

Welcome to the board  :happy-04:

Edited by dalecosp

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.