I Need PHP

Nope.

For Windows, with FPM compiled in it.

I've been to windows.php.net/download/ numerous times (see http://forums.phpfreaks.com/topic/288497-release-variants-of-php/), tried a large number of packages.

I need the FPM compiled in it. I've not found a repository that explicitly or implicitly hints that FPM is compiled in the binary -- or however it comes.

Been to that site as well. It is virtually abandoned and completely irrelevant.

The documentation and support that is supposed to be at the main PHP website is incredibly sparse.

In PHP 5.5.6, phpinfo(), says, in parts:
Configure Command cscript /nologo configure.js "--enable-snapshot-build" "--enable-debug-pack" "--disable-zts" "--disable-isapi" "--disable-nsapi" "--without-mssql" "--without-pdo-mssql" "--without-pi3web" "--with-pdo-oci=C:\php-sdk\oracle\instantclient10\sdk,shared" "--with-oci8=C:\php-sdk\oracle\instantclient10\sdk,shared" "--with-oci8-11g=C:\php-sdk\oracle\instantclient11\sdk,shared" "--with-enchant=shared" "--enable-object-out-dir=../obj/" "--enable-com-dotnet=shared" "--with-mcrypt=static" "--disable-static-analyze" "--with-pgo"

Server API CGI/FastCGI

SAPI Modules
Contribution: Authors
CGI / FastCGI: Rasmus Lerdorf, Stig Bakken, Shane Caraveo, Dmitry Stogov
FastCGI Process Manager: Andrei Nigmatulin, dreamcat4, Antony Dovgal, Jerome Loyet
ISAPI: Andi Gutmans, Zeev Suraski
NSAPI: Jayakumar Muthukumarasamy, Uwe Schindler

I notice how the configure disables isapi and nsapi, yet the modules are still listed in the credits. That leads me to believe that even though FPM is listed in the credits, that is not to assume the module is compiled in.

Also, there is no distinct section for FPM, like 'filter', 'ftp', and 'gd'.

I have a file called 'snapshot.txt' (came with the PHP package) that lists all the built-in extensions. FPM isn't listed.

So, I appreciate the replies, but they are not an answer to the request.

• 1 month later...

Stumbled across this stack: WempServer

Claims to have PHP-FPM, and indeed, once installed, I see the php-fpm.exe file.

I put the executable in my PHP 5.5.6 x64 folder but realize this WempServer stack is x86. So I create a PHP 5.5.14 x86 folder and use that.

Just to what would happen, I started (double-clicked on) the php-fpm.exe file. I get a custom (that is, not within the cmd window) alert window that says the proper usage is: php\php-fpm -b 9000 (1-65535)

which I take to mean I can use any number between 1 and 65525 instead of 9000.

This command format is almost identical to the php-cgi command line format, I figure it should work, and if it doesn't, I would expect a more detailed cause of what's wrong.

But, no!! Every time I try to start this puppy, I get the Incorrect Usage window (as I said, a custom alert window with "See website for info"). There is no info!

Q: Will php-fpm.exe run, if given proper command line parameters, without a php-fpm.conf file? (php.ini is in the installed directory)

Edited by bsmither

I put the executable in my PHP 5.5.6 x64 folder but realize this WempServer stack is x86. So I create a PHP 5.5.14 x86 folder and use that.

Why dont you just use php-fpm with WEMPServer? The php-fpm exe is most likely compiled to the PHP version bundled with WEMPServer, which means you cannot just copy it from one installation of PHP to another.

Commands to use WEMPSever are here

Edited by Ch0cu3r

I am sorry to say that your "Why don't you..." response is disagreeable to me on several levels.

Primarily, if I were to have already accepted the inscrutable reality of all of this and dumped my initial (and still current) environment, I would have gone the "can't be bothered to understand" user route and installed a preconfigured LAMP image (similar to pfSense).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.