Virtual Keyboard

mihosa

Hello to everyone. 

I have a php website, in which i would like to integrade a virtual keyboard in any text boxes I have on it, including in google custom search.

I found in a website a virtual keyboard which is free for integrade in javascript code.

But when I am trying to use it, It appears the text box and the keyboard together.

I would like to know if there is any way to catch and use only the virtual keyboard in the existing text boxes in my page, I would like to take only the keyboard from the set of these both text box and keyboard and use it in my site.

I don't know if I am being understandable, if no please tell me.

Thanks in advance.

The keyboard, is from the website:  http://www.greywyvern.com/code/javascript/keyboard

Thank you very much !!!

Make the text boxes read only. Then the user can't directly edit the fields. But, this is a very bad idea IMO and not sure what your reasoning is to do this. If a user has JS disabled they would not be able to use your form. Plus, what is the purpose? Are you thinking this adds security somehow?

Hello. First of all, I want to thank you veru much for the reply.

Actually, I am somehow confused in what do you mean exactly.

I have some forms, in my website, something like guestbook, and a google search, in which I want to give the opportunity to the visitor to type through a virtual keyboard, if for example don't have a physican keyboard or anything else..

I want to let the user choose if he/she is going to type through a physicall keyboard, or a virtual, most for giving to the user - to cover accessibility issue, and trying to make a more disabled-friendly wesite.

That's actually the reason.  I am trying to cover as much as I can the accessibility issues in my website, and not trying to cover the security functions !!!

Thank you again for your reply.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.