PHP Updates Script - Get Last Modifications

ChrisTaylor

So basically I am still starting off when it comes to learning PHP/MySQLi... I am looking to make a script that can do the following:

If I update say my homepage by just my normal cPanel editor plus another page named "News" but through an Admin section on my site (so basically inserting a new row into the database instead of manually doing it through my cPanel) - I would like it to display in a section on my homepage that days date along with the list of pages that were updated underneath it within that date, but with names I give the pages so instead of just saying index.php updated, I want it do say "Home Page Updated." I did have an attempt at this but just couldn't get it right. I would like to set a limit on how many different dates can be shown also.

Example:

July 12, 2014

Home Page Updated.

News Headlines Updated.

Staff Members Updated.

July 11, 2014

Home Page Updated.

July 10, 2014

Home Page Updated.

Contact Us Updated.

and so on...

Thank you to anyone who replies with some input, I have been going crazy trying to get this right and I just can't get it but badly want it..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.