How can I replace 3 specific sections of a string that includes quotation marks?

Fluoresce
Go to solution Solved by Psycho,

I embed videos on my site. I submit the embed codes to my database using a form. The codes look like this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xDIgbjDGsOM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Before I submit each code, I have to change its width and height, and I have to add this:

&showinfo=0

after this:

?rel=0

Is there a function that will allow me to do all of that simultaneously?

I know about str_ireplace(). It will let me replace ?rel=0 with ?rel=0&showinfo=0, but I don't know how to simultaneously make the other changes.

It's not helping that the embed code includes quotation marks.

• Solution

You are storing the entire HTML code to your database? Why not just store the variable parameters separately and build the URLs dynamically. That makes it much more flexible. For example, you might just store three values: height, width and code. Then when you need to output the HTML you would build the entire iframe using those three values.

• Like 1

You are storing the entire HTML code to your database? Why not just store the variable parameters separately and build the URLs dynamically. That makes it much more flexible. For example, you might just store three values: height, width and code. Then when you need to output the HTML you would build the entire iframe using those three values.

Dude, why didn't I think of that!

Thank you! :happy-04:

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.