load php page according to screen size

microbert

Hi,

I am trying to make a page where the footer is loaded according to the screen size, so if someone is accessing the website via a tablet will be a footer, if it is from the computer, there will be another footer.

my problem is that although it is recognizing the windows width, it is not changing the footer accordingly.

this is my code:

$width = "<script>document.write(window.innerWidth);</script>";
if ($width < 900)
{
include("footer_mobile.php");
}
else
{
include("footer.php");
}

for some reason it is always loading the else footer even though the windows with changes.

I added echo"$width" ; and the result of the variable was fine.

does anyone know what the problem is cause it is driving me crazy?

How are you testing to see if the media query(ies) work? Are you adjusting a browser window...or are you testing on a mobile device? If you're testing on a mobile device and it's an iPhone, you'll need to add a <meta> tag to get things working. Perhaps the following article will help:

http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2010/07/19/how-to-use-css3-media-queries-to-create-a-mobile-version-of-your-website/

If you scroll down a bit, there is a section for "Testing in an iPhone" which talks about the <meta> tag.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.