Search Databse and show results

Laurentf

Hi All,

I need to get a small function working for a site I need to build for a group of friends.

I was able to get a login page, and a way to add data to the data base.

Now I am stuck on the search and show results fuctionalities.

I have found tens of scripts on the internet, but most of them are outdated, or I cant get them to work, either it sends me back a blank page, does nothing or sends me to an error page

The GOAL

User Inputs text in a text box, clicks submit, the data in the text box is looked for in the second collumn of the DB, The information of the collumns 2 to 7 of the DB for the name search are displayed either on the same page or on a new page.

Is there any chance you could hel me with that, taken into account that I dont need the html part of the code, I only need help with the php part...

Thanks in advance to all the people reading this and the ones helping me...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.