LewisAndJamie

Hello guys,

I was just wondering in what way large scale systems can run sites like Weebley in terms of using multiple servers.

Is it just MySQL database linking and using lots of same specification servers or is it all done via clustering etc.

I'm pretty new to this and we are currently only using one server but my employer asked me to research and look into it.

Thanks,

Can go either way with it.

If you went cloud based hosting you can keep upping all your specs as needed it.

ovh.com , Amazon EC2 , google cloud

mesosphere The Mesosphere Datacenter Operating System (DCOS) is a new kind of operating system that spans all of the servers in a physical or cloud-based datacenter, and runs on top of any Linux distribution.

Since you mentioned weebly as to maybe hosting websites...take a look at wordpress and the multisite network.

They have the hyperdb plugin to do multiple databases

Can also do virtualization with openvz or xen and create virtual dedicated or virtual private servers

I'll mention kvm as well

To name a few virtual machine admin panels

VirtKick Your self-hosted VPS panel, similar to DigitalOcean

archipel Archipel is a solution to manage and supervise virtual machines.

solusvm Powerful UI Based VPS Management Software

hypervm The Most Complete Virtualization Manager. Manage your entire server cluster from a single console. (never liked it using old distros)

feathur Feathur is a VPS control panel based on PHP.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.