Adding permalink to share icons

Sp0cK

Hi,

I've added social sharing icons to every article on the homepage. Now they just share the page itself - the idea is to share that (wordpress) post/article. I've succeeded to do so with facebook likes on the English version with adding 

<div class="fb-like" data-href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>"

Now I want to do the same with these 3 share icons:

<div class="social-content"><?php if (ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE=='zh-hans'): ?><div class="bshare-custom"><div class="bsPromo bsPromo2"></div><a title="分享到微信" class="bshare-weixin" href="javascript:void(0);"></a><a title="分享到新浪微博" class="bshare-sinaminiblog" href="javascript:void(0);"></a><a title="分享到QQ空间" class="bshare-qzone"></a><a title="更多平台" class="bshare-more bshare-more-icon more-style-addthis"></a><span class="BSHARE_COUNT bshare-share-count" style="float: none;">19.5K</span></div><?php endif; ?></div>

Can this be done by adding PHP? I'm not sure where I would have to add this...

Thanks

post-174304-0-93755300-1421887604_thumb.jpg

I looked a bit more in the documentation of those sharing icons.
I'm pretty sure that if I can add this line of code there it will work 

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" >var bShareOpt = {url: "<?php the_permalink(); ?>"};</script>

So normally it's set to 

url: "";

which directs to the page it's in. If I can add a piece of PHP code in javascript it will work, but I guess that's not allowed?
I tried to look up how to retrieve $post_id in wordpress by using javascript although I didn't come very far...

Ideas?

Edited by Sp0cK

Is this a plugin, the posts loop or some random code you are sticking there?

If it's in the loop you can use get_the_ID()

<?php get_the_ID(); ?>

Can also make it a variable like this

<?php $postid = get_the_ID(); ?>

If the ID is not called within the_loop, then we can use the_ID rather than echo get_the_ID();

<?php the_ID(); ?>

Is this a plugin, the posts loop or some random code you are sticking there?

If it's in the loop you can use get_the_ID()

<?php get_the_ID(); ?>

Can also make it a variable like this

<?php $postid = get_the_ID(); ?>

If the ID is not called within the_loop, then we can use the_ID rather than echo get_the_ID();

<?php the_ID(); ?>

It's from the documentation of bshare.cn which has all the share buttons for China. So I found out the permalink  

var bShareOpt = {url: "<?php the_permalink(); ?>"} 

and the_ID() actually do work. Problem is it shows the link/ID of the last article of that block instead the one I clicked on. See screenshot. article-share.jpg

Cheers!

Edited by Sp0cK

If I use get_permalink(2343) it returns the correct post. So that works - meaning the $post_id is called from outside the loop.

https://tommcfarlin.com/get-permalink-outside-loop/
I read several documentations that something like:

function my_function() {
global $post;
get_permalink($post->ID);
} 

will make it so it can be called outside the loop.

So 

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" >var bShareOpt = {url: "<?php echo my_function(); ?>"};</script>

should work right? But it doesn't :)

Edited by Sp0cK

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.