buying photos and automatically incrementing / adding to database.

moose-en-a-gant

I'm working on a dating website for tablets, pretty simple stuff, mostly the purpose on my end aside from hoping to make money from traffic / photos is learning about sockets, dragging and in this case automatic payment system.

The ideal plan is that a person is limited to their verification photo and a free photo file upload (fake women haha), and then for just a meager price of $0.20 each, an extra photo slot. Ideally they are not limited to how many photos they can post hence I created a table of just photos with a username, then incrementing number of photos.

Anyway, the plan is (despite how absurd it might seem), the person buys a photo slot, which they can freely modify, it's just a photo slot, for $0.20 and this is done through paypal and their credit card information is "stored" (yeah sketchy) for future purchase convenience.

I'm just looking for some input about this, you don't have to write the code, I haven't gotten to this part yet but if anyone has experience with automatic payment system and php/sql database cause-and-effect sort of automation...

If this thread is deleted I'll understand.

I did say absurd like "Who is going to buy a photo slot?" but it's not about that, the site isn't about "how many photos" you have or "profiles" really it's a lazy dating site, just skip, skip, skip, ooohhh, message, sort of thing and additionally if a person is so inclined, sees that there are more photos of this person... I think it's a pretty good idea having a mandatory selfie that people have to take to prove they are not a bot.

This is also useful for people to "verify" this person, so they see the mandatory photo selfie then compare it to the uploaded photos which may have obviously been altered. Yeah it doesn't sound like a sound "business plan" like who wants to "be themselves" but as I said, it is primarily a learning experience on my part. And an excuse to use my tablet that I recently purchased.

Look into PayPal's "billing agreements". You first send the user to PayPal to log in and all that, then agree to something where you can bill them for whatever amount at whatever time you want. In less scary terms. PayPal then gives you an identifier and you can use that to make a charge without requiring user action.

The user can cancel the agreement whenever they want, though it does require jumping through a few hoops, so do you have to keep that in mind. In addition to the possibility of a charge being declined, of course.

I'm working on a dating website for tablets

So that's why I get weird ads on my tablet: it's been browsing dating sites while I wasn't using it! Maybe I should get another tablet so it won't be lonely?

So that's why I get weird ads on my tablet: it's been browsing dating sites while I wasn't using it! Maybe I should get another tablet so it won't be lonely?

HA!

I dun see what you dun did dar <- WHY?

Thanks for your humor and response.

I know what you're saying, appositives? Something about English.

Edited by moose-en-a-gant

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.