* [RESOLVED] *

Hi

I am newbie to web developing area. If I try open the Error file then it shows the messege box like this  [size=10pt][b][size=10pt]error.log file is too large for notepad[/size][/b][/size]. I should tried to open the file in other windows also like Wordpad ad etc...,  But it can't be opened? what is the solution for this?

I was try to delete that error.log file from the Apache directory, But still it is not rectified. After deleted that, then it shows a messeg box " Access is Denied ".   Oh!!!! ???
  What will I do now? pls help me for this. Without the error.log file, very difficult to find error on my project.  :'(

Pls anyone can help me for this?

Advance thanks for your help

By
Sivanath.N

Hi

I was try to delete that error.log file from the Apache directory, But still not rectified. Now it shows a messeg box [color=red][font=Verdana][size=10pt][b]" Access is Denied "[/b][/size][/font][/color].  ???
  What will I oo now? pls help me for this. Without It's very difficult ot find error on my project. :'(

Advance thanks for your help.

By
Sivanath.N

[quote author=sivanath.nagendran link=topic=117370.msg479301#msg479301 date=1165353279]
Hi

I was try to delete that error.log file from the Apache directory, But still not rectified. Now it shows a messeg box [color=red][font=Verdana][size=10pt][b]" Access is Denied "[/b][/size][/font][/color].  ???
  What will I oo now? pls help me for this. Without It's very difficult ot find error on my project. :'(

Advance thanks for your help.

By
Sivanath.N
[/quote]
You should turn on display_errors in the php.ini so if there are any errors in your PHP scripts they will be shown when you run the scripts, this saves you having to look in the error log. Also what I tend to do is setup PHP to use its own error log file instead of Apaches error log, this is done by turning on log_errors and setting up the error_log directive.

Another thing I tend to do is to empty the error log at the end of each month or before it gets too large.

You create the file your self and then you tell PHP where to log the files to.

So ifyou ahve PHP installed in the root of the hard drive (C:) in a folder called PHP (C:/PHP) and you created a php.log file in that folder for logging PHP errors, then you'll setup the error_log directive like so:
[code]error_log = "C:/PHP/php.log"

Now wehen you save the php.ini and restart the server PHP should now log its error in php.log file in C:/PHP (not make sure log_errors directive is turned On for PHP to log its errors in the log file you just setup).[/code]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.