yakking

I found a php code that will echo/list the current folder that the file is in:

<?php

foreach(glob('directoryname/*', GLOB_ONLYDIR) as $dir) {
    $dir = str_replace('directory/', '', $dir);
    echo $dir;
}
; ?>

Is it possible to have the same thing except echo/list the previous folder that the file is in?

Thanks for any help!

Hi Barand

Sorry I should have expanded on what I was asking.

That above code is in a php file, if you request that php file in a browser it prints/echos the current folder that the php file is in. e.g. /directoy/name/

So what I am asking is there a way to print/echo the folder/directory that the /directory/name/ folder is in I can't think of the terminology, I think its called parent directory. e.g. /folder<--/name/ so the php file is in the /name/ folder I would like to print the /folder/ part. Now heres the catch, the /folder/ can actually be named anything, hence why I need the code to echo/print it, it's not static.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Thanks Ch0cu3r!

That's so close to what I am after! With those examples it returns all the folder paths e.g /home/public_html/folder_here/another_folder

So if I use basename can I get just the /folder_here/  and not the whole /home/public_html/folder_here/another_folder path?
I had a look at the basename examples in the link, is there an example that I would understand?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.